Sunday 27 January 2008

Entry Number Twenty: Prevention

All good, all good bredrin. First ever Saturday, only one incident. Standing there, minding my own business, and a group (three) of lads who'd drunk too much, all of em mates, took things a bit too far. One of them gripped up the other by his chin, the third lad in the middle trying to stop it. I didn't know this at the time, and just grabbed old boy by the waist, dragged him through the doors to the smokers section and plonked him on the cold pavement. Explain what you was doing afterwards mate...no what i mean??

All three were ejected eventually, trying to protest in the smokers section. Area manager doorman wasn't having it. "You and you have been fighting, so you got no chance of coming back in" One of them wasn't to happy with that and stormed off into the night, holding a budweiser bottle....i think NOT. I went for the bottle, he tightened his grip, so "eff" that. I swiped the badboy off him, walked back inside, placed the bottle down, brushed off my shoulders and stood on the smokers section so they didn't come back in. The streets were safe. Well, the wine bar i happened to work in was safe.

Besides day three of flirting with a pretty but ultimately aged about fifteen, barmaid, that's all there is to tell really. After my no nonsense approach to drinks on the dance floor yesterday, people pretty much kept to it. One or two wandered onto the minefield with a drink, only to look down and see it had actually disappeared from their very hand in an instant. Cut to me holding it, plonking it down on a nearby table, and signaling "no drinking" over the banging music.

Good Saturday night though, good first ever Saturday night. Some events at my old flat have left me effectively koching in my mums spare room until i get a flat. Ok, I'm 28, this can't happen. The plan is to get this daytime work I'm waiting on a document through the post, and then continue doing the doors four nights a week...i will literally be laughing. The only way doorwork can really be effective is with two jobs being perfectly honest...i mean money wise.

As for the bar? I'm sure Sunday, the LORDS DAY will be a day of peace tonight...we shall see.

No comments: