Sunday 7 October 2007

Entry Number Two: Rejected


I had a chat with a bouncer last night in my regular club, i was completely smashed at the time, drunk off my balls, and high as the very gates of heaven themself. I remember the exchange going something like this

"When ahm i GOnna Get MY LICence MaaaAn, i BEEN WAITIN For aaages bruv"
He said..."you're gonna be waiting about four months my friend"

I then continued to look around for my friends i thought i'd lost, drunk, paranoid, at this point i could have been walking on another planet. But that conversation made me want to check up, even at this early stage on the progress of it all, so i did.

Since i've sent it, all i've been thinking about pretty much is that day...when it arrives. The sweet sweet moment of the biggest career switch up of my life. I look at the flourecent Licence card holders on the arms when i'm out, and the awe. I need one...

So to log on to the SIA just now, just to see how far i'm getting, and to read this:

Your application form has been checked, and rejected as it is incomplete. You will receive a confirmation letter indicating the incomplete section / reason for rejection, together with your returned documents within the next five days. Please do not chase your returned application form / documents unless this time frame is exceeded.

Not good my friends, not good at all. At the current time of writing there is a postal strike as well. So it's going to take about six days to even receive it all back, fill in the one part i've done wrong and send it all off again. For a breif second the stupidness of it all did make me think eff it. Seriously, but to be fair i've known from day one this whole process is going to take an age. I just kind of pathetically hoped you know, i might be one of those who actually gets it all sorted within the six weeks.

So yeah, i am currently as the kids would say "screwing" I need to see what i've done wrong, personally i think i've forgot to tick a box or something as i went over that form about five times before i sent it. I even kissed it good luck before i gave everything to the woman behind the counter at the post office. Very frustrating but i'll get there. I truly do get the feeling this is going to take the four five months everyone says...and i also don't think this is the last time i'm going to have everything sent back due to an "error"

I'm a fairly smart dude, and as i filled out the application i meticulously followed the "how to fill out the application" sheet word for word, so i am concerned as to what i've done wrong here, or if there's some other problem beyond a simple forgotten box etc. Ah well, when i find out i will pop back and Blog what the problem actually was. This was a knockback, to be honest, i wasn't expecting it.

No comments: