Wednesday 12 December 2007

Entry Number Eighteen: "I'm The Number One P*ki !!!!"

...those were his words not mine. And oh how messy those words were. Long shift at my regular, football was on, and no away supporters were allowed in. This to me, was a magnet for trouble, there were three of us tonight, normally it's me and Yenno. I was with two other guys I'd seen about but don't know as such, they were cool. It was busy inside but a good atmosphere, all fine until a tall asian boy bumped the manager, they exchanged glances and off we go...

"He askin me if i got a problem and I'm tryna fuckin drink mate" he says, voice raised. He looked upset but I'm finding people have hot bursts of anger and normally cool off. But this guys rage just grew and grew until it eventually boiled over. No reasoning, someone flipped the switch and he was gone. Words were exchanged between him and the manager until the manager had enough..."take him out lads" Big fella i was working with took lead and motioned for the Asian lad to walk out. The in turn knocked his volume switch up a few notches...

"Tell that fat fuck I'm gonna fuckin have him, fat fucker, I'm just tryna drink tell him" He screamed, anger burning his skinny golden face. As my collegue put a hand on his arm to keep him moving, he snapped it away with a flinch and walked out. By now doorman number 3 joined us. Friendly guy and outside he tryed to talk the boy down, pour some icy water on the situation, the boy wasn't having it.

Outside we stood at the entrance a three man barrier as the boy continued with the insults. They ranged from racism, to the managers weight. At one point the boy and a colleague were head to head, manning up. The two of them reminded me of a big boxing match poster? you know how the boxers are side on head to head? It was exactly like that, and any second, someone was going to make the first move. Now, i never let anyone get that close to me, and this boy was ready to pop off, he was going to throw something, be it a fist, a headbutt...no, an ashtray.

He backed down from the doorman and reached over the plastic fence that cordens off the smoking area and tried to clamber it like a grasy cat to grab an ashtray and hurl it. I pushed him away and he snapped his arm away from me "don't fuckin touch me" he blurted. "well don't climb the fence then" i said. Jesus Christ. He walked off cursing and screwing. That was it, over done...

He came back.

I forgot to mention he was with three short Asian boys too but he was obviously the ring leader, they kind of scuttled around his feet like puppies. Barking off a few weak insults toward us here and there but clearly not out for trouble, "This is my beef" he screamed. He stood near the entrance again, calling out the manager. Onlookers nervously smoked their sticks. As advised by the head doorman, i asked them to step inside, but people want to see, want to look. I was convinced a scrap was on the cards tonight, this guy wanted it so badly. Everyone in the smokers section was convinced too. They wanted ringside seats.

"I'm the towns number one p*ki, I'm a 10 stone p*ki i will fuck all you up i don't care, i will fuck all you up, you white bastards, and you black man, you blacks were slaves for years, your a sell out" now when i was speaking to the guy previously trying to calm him down, i was trying to reason with the dude, this is my way. I'm trying to avoid a scrap, i was proper trying to reason, even when he was throwing the racism about to my white colleagues, but then he turns it on me! Five years ago, comments like that would have sparked me, but i laughed it off. I felt nothing.

Of course throughout the whole exchange my adrenalin is pounding through my body, i was so close to all kicking off i was ready. The guy walked off screaming, but not before the sweet promise of him coming back hooded up and bottling us at a later date. Charming...

Tonight i'm at an all black club, special event...sigh...

No comments: