Saturday 21 June 2008

Entry Number Thirty One: Mop Boy Cometh

Friday and Sat (June 7th and 8TH)

Friday - My main memory of this night was Mop Boy! One skinny white dude with dark black hair, Italian looking, on his way out after the club closed, decided to play mr prick, and throw a glass bottle to the floor splashing sticky alco pop all over the wood floor. Just for a laugh. My colleuge was having none of it. He gripped him by his collar, slammed him into the wall with what seemed like the force of Iron Man and screamed at someone to get a mop. He actually told the dude to mop it up! He released the guy from his clench then told me to hold on to him "don't let him go" I stood in front of the spindly looking dude, seeing no need to hold on to him, he wouldn't be brave enough to make a run for it while my colleague went to get a mo...

Whoosh...off he went. Not before i grabbed the fools arm and almost ripped his white jumper. I gripped him up by the arm and he conceded defeat. Eventually my collegue let him go, but only because it was taking so long to get a bloody mop for the poor buffoon. Quite cool tho, demanding someone mop up their own mess. I'm gonna have to give that one a bash one time. "Mop that up BITCH" ...brilliant

Saturday - Was more busy, a barmaid who i once a long time ago tried to "hit on" and got rejected like a stupid bastard, i now work with. Not really as embarrassing as it could be, we don't ever talk about it. We're just both trying to make an honest crust working there right? let it be, let-it-be. I've discovered as well i don't actually like her too...snobby. Anyway, i stood at my usual spot, top of the stairs by the DJ Booth (there are two floors by the way, bottom bar and top bar) I stand on the top bar. She walked out from behind the bar and signalled me over to lead out a tall lanky white dude, skin headed because he had drunk too much, he had, he went without a peep. I thought he might have put up a bit of action, no, he wasn't even thinking to have it. His night was done, he'd drunk himself into a brainless stupor, his mission succeeded.

I later saw behind me two girls shouting at each other, i looked at the body language and movement, studying, like an advanced model terminator and came to the conclusion they were friends having a heated debate about something. One was quite obviously, a Lesbian, sorry but she was, i later found out...she was. Short, stocky jeans, spiky hair, lumberjack top. Gruff looking. I asked her if everything was cool? She nodded in a "I've got this under control" type of way. So i moved to a position where i could observe discreetly, but it all seemed fine...

Ha...

A girl walked by and she swang for her and missed, Bash, right in there, her ample boobs tucked over my forearm as i almost lifted her out, she was stocky but short, she put up quite a struggle but walked off with the defeated "i know im going anyway" type of plod, as my hand firmly on her back led her to the entrance..BYE BYE... silly bitch.

Back to the top of the stairs, brush my self off, i perch like the eagle observing the scene, everything in order, a member of bar staff short mixed race kid come out and says.

"I think something going to kick off down there"

I looked to where he was pointing, and it did. I saw someone swing for someone else in the middle of the heaving crowd. I pushed through the solid block of young clubbers, knocking drinks and pulled the guy who threw the punch away, straight in there was my boss, scrapping with the other guy, i let the guy i grabbed out, but somewhere along the line i got clipped in the lip, it swelled up a tiny touch, physical, nice, i need more of this if I'm going to get used to working here. It was sorted. Checkmate.

After leading out an older faced Asian guy for mouthing aggressively toward someone, i came back in, out of breath from the previous encounter, to see the same group of Asians again, on the dance floor squaring up, i dashed through the crowd, almost jumping from head to head like Super Mario bouncing on mushrooms. I stood in the middle of them, about four on one side, three on the other. dark blue lights danced over us, and faces looked on. Aggressive shouts and gesturing between the two party's was increasing, someone was about to get smacked or worse. And i was in the middle like PC Flippin Plod. I fumbled desperately for a radio, one arm extended trying to hold one mass body of arguing Asians back, calling over and over "Doorstaff to the dancefloor, Doorstaff to the dancefloor" The radio policy is really really shit here. There's no amber codes, no real attention payed to the radio.

For what felt like a good 60 seconds i was in the middle of this crews disagreement until i heard a pop sound. My hands felt warm, and sure enough, someone had got bottled and splashed their fucking disgusting foul sticky blood all over me. It wasn't an innocent clubber i would have cared for, it was one of this arguing mob. What happened next was a rush of doormen dragging everyone out, me included. Once they were out the door i inspected my Hi Vis jacketand it was decorated with a pretty polka dot blood design. I looked down at my palms which were now a ghastly red paint, and i even felt glass, blood mixing? Nice... after a wash down, i was back out there on the stairs again. After the main dickheads were gone, peace resumed... in short i was a few inches from catching a bottle on my skull, or in my face.

My working saturdays will never, ever be the same again...

No comments: