Saturday 21 June 2008

Entry Number Thirty: Hired Cheese

Friday and Sat (May 30th and 31st)

Same rough club again however i have discovered something, i would be a stinking liar if i said, in some bizarre way, deep down, I didn't enjoy actually working for my money. And you do at this place. For the most part I'm stationed on the stairs next to the DJ booth, making sure he gets no trouble, and keeping people off the stairs. This place is just chockablock, eyes darting everywhere every movement. As well as the constant distraction of heavy tunes (this is my spot remember) and knowing most people in there, remember its my town, and my local club.

I spot a scuffle going on, skinny white bloke arguing with some Asian guy, screaming, going at it. Boof, through the thick heavy crowd and i grabbed him by the waist, he slipped out of my grip and i literally pulled him back by one arm as he went to try and take the other lads actual head off. Got a good grip on the dude waist and hauled him out. Right past a group of girls i normally go raving with and through the front door. This was my first real test at this place and it passed fine.

The group of Asians from the other week were back again, and one in particular I'm going to clash with sometime soon. I'm bracing for it. I can just see it coming a mile off. One from the group casually lit up a fag behind me, like, i turned around and saw a ghostly twist of smoke rising in the air. I was thinking, fuck, they really are actually trying it. I led him out, he went without a struggle, so easily in fact, i think he wanted to leave, or made a bet to light it. Whatever, he was gone.

This lot always park up outside the club first with hired Ferrari's etc, it's so corny, but to be fair, the cars are fat. But hired. Whats the point in rolling around in a car like that if it's hired, everyone will know it's hired, so it takes the spark away. Why would someone in a fucking Ferrari pull up outside the roughest club in the town? To just, hang about there, shouldn't they be on a Yacht? Or something...corn balls.

Now compared to where i used to work, theres stuff going on all the time, it's hard to stress how busy this place is, so I've missed out about 100 events, bare in mind this is an eight hour shift. But i have left feeling, somewhere, deep down inside. I enjoyed that. How long I'll be here? I've learnt now in this game theres no guarantee of where you're gonna be, but it's all experience. Next week I'll document right after to keep the events fresh...so sorry, so tired...shifts so long...back soon.

No comments: