Saturday 10 November 2007

Entry Number Five: Criminal Bastard

Drum roll....drrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. It's the big wait now my friends, this is it. I knew i was clean, i'm a good boy. This is where i currently stand in the application process:

Criminality Check Completed >> Licence Granted >> Licence Refused

So it is literally sitting and waiting now, which at the time of writing, should be about ten days. I will be honest, as much as i want to moan and groan, the time has passed quickly. Life has crept in in the meantime, and I've just got on with shit.

Funnily enough, i saw the same doorman in the club i go to without his badge again. We crossed glances for a second time, much like two wild west gunslingers walking past each other in a dusty town. Onlookers hurrying their frightened children along. The question is...who will draw first? Not me.

My plan for getting work for Christmas is looking good. I now need to start seeing about how to get work, where to go. In fact I'm gonna whip out that Doorman book i was reading through a few months ago, as the time is fast approaching.

I still get my "Arnie On" in the clubs. Scanning the crowd in red vision like the Terminator. Seeing where things are kicking off, potential bust ups. I just wanna get hands on in there now.

So, this is it, the wait for that final stage on the SIA web site checklist to be highlighted in red...

then it all starts.

No comments: