Friday 16 November 2007

Entry Number Seven: On The Doors Tonight?

I'm on the doors tonight. Well, kind of. The Doorman dude at work, Eddie, offered to show me the ropes, said i could stand with him for an hour on the doors of a pub where he bounces on a Friday night.

At the time of writing, it's freezing, above the possible dangers, confrontations and other violent, bloody scenarios. All i can think of at the moment is my balls freezing off into icy ornaments for some ones table. If i may say so, it is cold as a mother fucker at the moment. My flat mate is trying to grow icicles from the ceiling here, and it's working, so i know how cold it's going to be outside.

I have a big leather coat, but it's got no buttons on it, but i can't afford to buy a coat at the moment, tonight not only is it my first night on the doors in any capacity, it's also the night i might be taking out a lovely lady from work. So money is not an option. There's none there. Anyway it should be an interesting experience tonight if it all actually happens.

Was "webbing" for an agency to join in my town, and i think I've found one, I've heard a lot of good things about them, and I'm keen to get going. I've got several job offers happening at the moment but all of these are temporary things until i can do doorwork full time. I don't want to be sitting behind a desk no more. I wanna touch people, i want to feel humanity. So...

My next steps are finishing off this xbox game, shaving, bopping to work for a half day (job interview for some non door related shit) , then getting ready for tonight. I have a big feeling inside of a big stinking let down happening, but what the fuck, i don't know what I'm expecting, or what i want to happen really. I'm just goin in 'ead first and closing my eyes.

Of course my non existant fans.. i will report all tommorow...

Blap Blap

No comments: